Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life @ LIBA

Well, this has the potential to run into a few pages and if i put my mind to it, I'll rattle out a whole novel, Chetan Bhagat ishtyle!
But considering the hour of the night and the lack of the "if i put my mind to it" part, I'd restrict myself to the basics.

Well, people still ask me why I joined LIBA in the first place. I've been always surrounded by major IIM-studs whose faces trail off in contorted shapes whenever I mention LIBA. But still, in the long term scheme of things, it does make sense, especially considering the run-of-the-mill software job i was doing prior to joining LIBA.

LIBA has been a sort of a homecoming. I'm back to where I belong- STUDENT LIFE!
I'm not really the home-office-home guy. I need my social circle, my crazy night outs, my long travails into wilderness and most of all- my freedom! The job gave me just financial freedom. But it trapped me in that 5-day monotony called office. LIBA has infused vibrancy into my once-still existence. More than that, LIBA has given flight to my hopes; a shape to my thoughts and wings to my ambitions. Its almost like a two-year honeymoon!

The days of washing clothes, keeping accounts and scouting for food in the middle of the night are back! There are some changes- college bags have been replaced by laptop bags, scores have been replaced by fancy-sounding CGPAs and the stuffy triple-sharing rooms are things of the past.

My honeymoon is almost a term old now and days have flown by thick and fast. After 3 trips to Pondicherry, 1 to Mahabalipuram, 4 other night outs and countless trips to the local TASMAC, I can confidently say that the fun-n-frolic is at its highest-ever zenith. And so is the serious bit, as each day unfolds a new saga, fresh learnings and renued perspectives. Each academic or non-academic assignment presents an unknown challenge. Each activity explores newer facets of an ever-blooming personality.

LIBA, as with most experiences has been truly indescribable.

5 comments:

Gaurav said...

I NV you !! hudd aish kar raha hai!

venkat_(n)ever_thinking said...

abe this was just 1st term :D
Uske baad toh aish ki definition hi change kar di :)
Vaise now a bit low on both the aish and the cash ;)

Unknown said...

You write well...you seem to have found yourself..I enjoyed reading almost everything you wrote on the landing page of your blog..keep it up..and keep it coming..

optimismattheheights said...

the same reason which rejuvinates me at nitie :) am so happy to be here

Sang said...

We can actually write a novella on Life @ LIBA... There is so much to write